xkcd.com
This site makes me laugh... This one specifically. Make sure you hover over the image with the mouse to read what it says...
http://xkcd.com/457/
http://xkcd.com/457/
Jon, Jared, Brandon, Nate, Drew, Brad, Tim, Dan, Phil, Adam F., Adam J., Andy, Dustin
rss feed
14 Comments:
I tried reading xkcd once. Too much math humor. I only got a few of the jokes.
leasticoulddo.com Now that's a funny comic.
I am the only one still here...
I'll tend the fire with you, Jared, provided you tell me another Panama Jack story.
I'M STILL HERE TOO!
If I posted them here first maybe then people would come back to the site!
I'm a GENIOUS!
I have this friend Part 2: The beginning of an infatuation.
We take up from where we left off.
“Hi! My name’s Jared I’m with the church!”
This was directed at the only lonely patron in the “bar”. A man with a gruff exterior that, if not a put-off in its own, was the portrait of a man who had done it all, seen it all.
“Yeah well who’s askin.” It was directed at me not as a question but more a condemnation. As if this lonely figure was oblivious to the fact that life teemed outside of his lone bottle that rested upon the music stand like a mistress, ready to please, if only for the moment.
“Are you a missionary too?” I asked in the most innocent of voices. A persona of my past that I have long forgot. (Mostly due to booze.)
“No kid. And I don’t have a dollar if that’s what you want.”
Not once did he look at me. I got the impression that I could have stood next to this man for an eternity without him even acknowledging my presence. His voice was, for lack of a better adjective, gruff. Like a hooker who had fallen on hard times. But beneath this hard exterior you could sense a strength. Like steel, battleworn and weary from life’s constant testing.
“Oh! I’m not looking for anything sir. I just thought I sae a friendly face and would make conversation.” My father was preoccupied at the moment. (Yes he did come on the trip.) So my foray into conversation, which could count for mission work by my standards, was largely ignored.
“It’s just that I thought that since you were here you might be waiting for a ride to the mission compound like us.” I spoke rather sheepishly. A tone the belied my ignorance and innocence.
“I ain’t no missionary kid. I’m just a drunk trying to find some peace and quiet.” And he turned to look at me.
His stare was like an iron grip. Piercing green eyes held me within their grip. As he turned toward me I took full measure of the beat that I had disturbed. A bronzed frame, not the fake tans that you find on so many celebrities nowadays. This man had spent his life toiling under the unforgiving gaze of the sun. His skin was perpetually parched, crying out to the atmosphere for each life-giving drop of moisture. But beneath the parched and burning skin rippled a strength that could have belonged to a man half his age.
He never told me how old he was, but looking at him you couldn’t tell anyway. But there was the omnipresent strength there. Muscles that despite their age could have easily swung me far away from the man I now accosted with my conversation.
“I’m sorry to bother you sir. I’ve never been out of the states, it’s rather confusing to be in a land I have no idea of the customs or beliefs. I’m sorry to bother you.” I said sheepishly as I attempted to back away from him.
Every alarm in my youth addled brain was going off. Telling me that this man, this titan, was not a thing to be trifled with. Least of all bothered with trivial conversation.
“Wait a minute.” The titan spoke! “Sorry kid. I’m just a little out of my element. Don’t be scare.” He had obviously seen my trepidation.
And so ends part 2 of our tale.
You finally posted it! Thank you for part 2; you're pretty good at story writing!
I'm pretty good at alot of things. Ask you're mom.
OH! Sick burn.
I used Panama Jack in my 7th grade classes as the character in our vocab tests. The kids got a kick out of it, especially the part where Jack comes out of hiding sporting a full beard, riding on a zebra, singing Barry Manilow's entire catalog, in Latin.
You know what keeps Chuck Norris up at night, Panama Jack.
Ok you're not good at grammar (it's your mom, not you're mom), but you've got story writing down.
And my mom asked me to tell you she's disappointed and wants her 2 minutes of life back.
Oh, snap! Even sicker burn! Did you see what she did, Jared? She said you have no stamina, thereby saying that you can't please a woman for very long! Jared's a 3 bump chump! SICKER BURN!
We need to start a new topic so we can remove Panama Jack from the sadness that is Jon's MS or whatever in Chemistry. THIS ISN'T OVER CAT!
You're right, Jared. It isn't over. Because someone other than you has taken over thereby increasing the amount of time that this can last...
Post a Comment
<< Home